Last Updated on January 1, 2020
I. What We Mean By Personal Information
II. Notice of Information Collected About You
You can examine Lincoln’s entire public website (i.e., Lincoln’s website excluding any extranet or other private network) without providing your Personal Information.
If you wish to contact Lincoln about its products or services, then you will need to disclose your contact information so that Lincoln can respond to your request. The website’s user-submitted forms (e.g., a request-for-more-information form or a joining-of-a-mailing-list form) require users to provide Lincoln with contact information. This information may also be used to contact you when necessary, or to ship and bill orders. From time to time, the information gathered through this website may be used to notify you about products and services that Lincoln believes will be of interest to you.
We may also collect your contact information if you visit one of our booths at one of the public trade shows that we attend and provide it to us in connection with your visit. If you provide us with your contact information at one of our booths, this information will be forwarded to one of our independent sales representatives and that information may be used to contact you.
Categories of Information Collected in the Last 12 Months
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information via your submissions to us through the website or other interactions with you.
(A) Identifiers such as a real name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, phone number, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- These identifiers are used to provide information to those who inquire about Lincoln’s products and services and to handle related business matters, and to facilitate customers’ successful receipt of our products and services.
- Typically, we collect these identifiers from you directly. In the context of our warranty services, we may receive this information from our affiliated dealers and distributors for the purpose of enabling our independent service technicians to provide those services.
- We may share these identifiers with our platform service providers in order to facilitate the operation of the website, and with our independent sales representatives, or in the context of our warranty services, with our independent service technicians.
(B) Commercial information, including records, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- We collect this information in order to facilitate your purchase of our products and services.
- We collect this information from you directly as you make purchases or service requests with us.
- We may share this information with our independent sales representatives and independent service technicians as necessary to facilitate your transaction.
(C) Professional or employment-related information.
- We may collect this information in order to provide you with information about our products and services, at your request.
- We may collect this information from you directly.
- We may share this information with our independent sales representatives.
Our website also permits users to submit information through an open text field as part of its operation. To the extent that you submit any Personal Information not described in this policy through such a field, you do so at your own discretion.
III. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits website users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at Marketing@lincolnwindows.com.
Subject to the limitations set forth in California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq., California residents may have the right:
- to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of information about them collected, shared, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose, if applicable;
- to request the disclosure of the business purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom it is shared, and the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- to request the deletion of Personal Information Personal Information collected, subject to the limitations set forth in California Civil Code Section 1798.105(d);
- not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights guaranteed by California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.
Requests to Know
If you are a California consumer, you may have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected;
- The categories of Personal Information we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your Personal Information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for selling or collecting your information;
- The categories of Personal Information sold or shared about you, as well as the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, by category of Personal Information for each party to whom information was sold;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information collected.
You may submit a request to know via 800-967-2461 or Marketing@lincolnwindows.com. Delivery may take place electronically or by mail. We are not required to provide Personal Information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
Requests to Delete
You may have the right to request that businesses delete any of your Personal Information collected from you. Upon receiving a verified request to delete your Personal Information, we will do so unless otherwise authorized by law.
You may submit a request to delete your information via 800-967-2461 or Marketing@lincolnwindows.com.
We will acknowledge the receipt of requests to know or requests to delete your information free of charge, within 10 days. You may submit requests via the mechanisms set forth below.
In order to protect your privacy and the security of your information, we verify consumer requests by asking you to verify certain pieces of Personal Information against those in our records. Any information requested in this way will be used only for the purpose of verifying your request.
We will respond to your request within 45 days of receipt, after we have successfully verified your identity. We may request additional information from you in order to verify your request.
Your Right to Opt-Out to the Sale of Information
We do not sell consumers’ Personal Information. As a result, at this time we do not offer a mechanism to opt-out of the sale of information.
The Right to Non-Discrimination
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your California privacy rights.
Categories of Sources From Which We Collect Personal Information
The categories of sources Personal Information we collect are described above in Section II, Notice of Information Collected About You.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting Your Information
The purposes for which we collect each category of Personal Information are described above in Section II, Notice of Information Collected About You.
The Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Information
The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information, for each category of Personal Information we collect, are described above in Section II, Notice of Information Collected About You.
Categories of Personal Information We Have Sold in the Last 12 Months
In the last 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information.
Categories of Personal Information We Disclose For a Business Purpose
We disclose the following categories of Personal Information for business purposes:
(A) Identifiers such as a real name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, phone number, or other similar identifiers.
(B) Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf. You must provide an authorized agent written permission to submit a request on your behalf, and we may require that you verify your identity directly with us. Alternatively, an authorized agent that has been provided power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000-4465 may submit a request on your behalf.
Methods for Submitting Consumer Requests
If applicable, you may submit a request for access to or deletion of your information via:
IV. Public Forums
V. Children and Privacy
Lincoln does not knowingly collect or maintain the Personal Information of children under 13, and does not sell the personal information of children. If we learn that we have collected any personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our files as quickly as possible. If you become aware or believe that we may have collected information of a child under 13, please contact us at Marketing@lincolnwindows.com.
VI. Information Usage
VII. Links to Other Websites
Links to other websites are provided for convenience to provide further information. Lincoln is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, practices, or other materials on or available from any third party website. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply endorsement of the linked-to website.
VIII. Security Measures
Lincoln’s website is protected with a variety of security measures such as change control procedures, passwords, and physical access controls. Lincoln also employs a variety of other mechanisms to safeguard the information you provide to us. These controls include data confidentiality policies and regular database backups. While we strive to protect the information that we collect, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
IX. Sale or Merger
X. Jurisdictional Matters
This Lincoln website is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. It is intended for use by U.S. residents only. Lincoln makes no representations that this website is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nations. By using this website and submitting any Personal Information, non-U.S. visitors: (a) understand, acknowledge, and agree that this website is subject to U.S. law; (b) consent to the transfer of Personal Information to the U.S.; and (c) waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
XI. Changes to this Policy
XII. Contacting Lincoln
If you wish to remove your name and related information from Lincoln’s database, Lincoln will promptly take action to comply with your request. Lincoln is pleased to process address error correction notices and address change requests submitted to Lincoln via electronic mail at Marketing@lincolnwindows.com.